Story board

Following on from my tentative iPad storyboard I did a bit more research. There is some useful information here though its more aimed at film makers.

I made a rougher storyboard in pencil. I think better with a pencil in my hand. I don’t know how easy it is for an outsider to understand what I’m thinking but how important is that?

I do find it hard to remember that this is an initial plan which I can change, deep down I feel a small sense of panic that this isn’t good enough or clear enough. I might shuffle the frames as time goes on but I think that it’s difficult to appreciate the impact without more detailed  illustrations.

Subsequently I found the links to the Gorillaz animated storyboard It’s interesting to see what was kept from this and what was changed for the final video (here) The storyboard is very detailed but I guess that it needs to be when there are multiple people working in the animation.

Comments