Auditioning houses

 If I’m not going to use the original house I need to find a substitute.


This house has something of the right feel. I drew it on the back of a biscuit pack when I was early for a dentists appointment. The problem is that the hedge is already high and I can’t see much of the house behind.


I saw these houses when I was stuck in a traffic jam and revisited it virtually via Google street view. This lead me to think of another house that I wish that I had drawn - it has since been knocked down. Street view has the facility to view previous versions, a way to step back in time.




It doesn’t look as interesting  as it did in real life. Street view distorts images which sometimes adds to their character but this house just looks dull.

These houses feel like imposters, the original house is a major character in the story. As I write this the garden has been cleared again and there is a sold board outside so I don’t feel that I am standing on the toes of the knitter or their family. The story will be very respectful and a celebration of the knitter so I don’t think anyone would object.




Comments