Part 3 - Speculation



So what is the knitter doing with the wool?

Making a teddy bear?
 a jumper for a grandchild?



a blanket for a stray dog?
or is the wool a complicated signal to a spymaster? Or the knitters’ lover? Green wool, come on over, red wool stay away. 
.
.

Some sketchbook ideas. I don’t want to reveal anything about the knitter, I think that it’s important to the “plot” to keep them mysterious, but also I don’t want to assume that they are female.

I like using the hands exchanging the wool to illustrate the signalling to an outside person. I’m not sure which layout would tell the best story so I printed out the drawings and cut them out so that I could explore different arrangements.



. 
These versions aren’t  dynamic enough and wouldn’t fit with a square format for instagram.



Lots of hands are dynamic but too busy and could be confusing.
  
        

But I quite like these versions

Comments