Part 4 - The overgrown garden

 I did drawings earlier with the plants obscuring the house but I want to link this to the wool.



I’d like to reveal the house again, after it gets obscured, by unravelling the wool but the chaotic knitting which I used here to represent the disorder of the garden doesn’t unravel neatly.



Using the fringe of wool that I made before I had a go at stop motion animation.


I made several videos but Blogger refuses to load more than one. Here is another version which I uploaded to Vimeo who very kindly allowed me to turn the main action into a GIF

Additionally I experimented with using scissors to cut the knitted hedge. The problem with this was initially my clumsiness with the camera and then getting the cuttings to fall realistically even though they were on a slope. I used bulldog clips to hold the hedge in place but that meant that I couldn’t complete the cut to allow visitors to the house to get to the front door without stepping over wool.
The video is on my Vimeo site here

I knitted the hedge again in a plain stitch so that it would be easier to unravel.



I went to the wool shop to look for pretty, plant like wool but there was nothing exciting.
I knitted it too big so the unravelling wasn’t entirely smooth but I’ve managed to edit it. The video is here on Vimeo.

It’s still too long and next time I will film it upside down so that I can pull the wool more smoothly to unravel it.

Comments