Rethinking houses

 I’ve been dithering about the house. In one way it’s a major character in the story but also it is (was?) someone’s home and I feel a bit awkward about identifying my mystery knitter. Then I realised that some of the story is about being an individual in an ordinary world so then if the house is a bog standard modern terrace the individuality of the knitter is enhanced and celebrated.  

Houses like these:


And then I also walk past this other really interesting house (the car in the garden has the front bit missing and a hanging basket where the windscreen should be…...) 

However I do think that I need to step away from it being too identifiable so I’ve just drawn it for inspiration


The bottom picture is one on the same estate, I forgot the chimney.

I do think that this is a better option so I’ll have to redo my earlier images and videos.


Comments