Developments - turning it into an exhibition

 I haven’t posted here for a bit because I’ve been busy with my project. The original idea was to post the story in stages on Instagram and this is still my ultimate aim because I think that it will reach a wider audience but an opportunity arose to be part of the St Albans Arts Festival on the 30th April. The space available is in a walled garden in the town which is open to the elements so if the weather is awful on the day it may not be practical to put my work out there but I have adapted my story to fit the space and I am hoping to get some face to face feedback.

When I became aware of the opportunity I made some modified storyboards to see if I could adapt to the space.




The idea is to run the window frames into a bush and have them come out empty, with some of the ideas for what the wool is for in the bush. 


This is my space (it was too wide for a single photo so I stitched 2 together)

And this is a storyboard on the photo

I don’t know if it will work, should I be using written signs to explain the story? Should I have a suggestions box for what the wool was for and/or what happened to the knitter? There will be children in the garden, I don’t think that speculation that the knitter died is very sensitive but can I avoid it?

Comments