Preparing for exhibition

 The story had to be simplified for exhibition so I left out the multiple images of the dog walker (which maybe didn’t need to be in there in the first place?) and used a single figure with the original detached house as I don’t have time or space to create a terrace of houses.

It’s been a while since I used acrylic paints but I felt that the canvas gave a good solid waterproof base to start the story. I made windows with thick card and acetate and knitted a long rope to hang them from.

Above is my mock up in the garden.
 
For the possible uses of the wool I made larger cardboard cutouts of my earlier drawings. 
I used coloured pencil to try to look like knitting, sadly there isn’t time to make a knitted bear.

A trio of spies, I’m going to use the middle one which was drawn with a sharpie - I think that he might withstand light rain….

I did have time to knit an oversized jumper for a child
but the dog is using an old scarf as a blanket, I hope that I might have time to knit a blanket in one of the bright wools from the windows. (She does look very regal in her scarf though!)
The exhibition is to generate other ideas of what the wool is for so it may be counterproductive to be showing so many of my own ideas but if I don’t show any it will look pretty boring.
Below is my mock up:


The labels still need fixing and the spy needs something to hide the bottle that I’m going to use to keep him upright. The bushes in the park that I can use are a bit different so I’ll need to adapt the layout on the day.

This is a video to give an idea of how it should look.

because I’m using paper for the first version of the lettering for the spy the wind blew it over as I moved - I do love the effect! 


Comments