The problems with windows

  The windows, like most of the elements of my story are cardboard cutouts. I used sheet acetate as “glass” to stabilise them and protect the tissue paper curtains.

Originally I rolled the coloured wool into little balls and stuck them to the back of my windows.

They didn’t show up as well as I would have liked and I was worried that they weren’t stable enough for outside especially if it got a bit windy. I decided that an acetate sandwich would protect the back of the curtains and the wool but that the wool needed to be more prominent so I cut cardboard discs (slightly roughly so that they had a toothed edge to grip) and wound wool around them to look like a flattened ball.

These definitely look better but are deeper that the original balls so the acetate can’t lie flat. I’ve glued it well but I’m really worried that it won’t survive 6 hours outside if it’s even slightly breezy but there’s no time to make more.
(Love the reflection of the flash on the photo above!)


I’m really panicking about the exhibition now and I’ve advertised it on social media now so I can’t back out unless the weather is bad….

Comments