Preparing for my final PechaKucha

 I know that the first version was way off the mark, it was an exercise in preparing something in a format that I don’t feel comfortable with, but it has been dictated that a PechaKucha is a required element for assessment so I am going to have to work a bit harder to get to grips with it. 

Iris reading says that the average person reads 200-250 words per minute. That’s about 70-80 words in 20 seconds. I talk too fast, especially if I’m feeling nervous so I’m going to aim for fewer words to try and make the whole thing feel relaxed.

Your presentation should be a professional argument setting out what makes your work critical and worth paying attention to”

  • Context and discussion
  • Work in progress
  • Outline of project
  • Process
  • Tests
  • Key findings
  • Research
  • Drawings
  • Reflections/responses/feedback
  • Problems/solutions
  • Site visits
  • Critical opinion/argument/debate
  • Manifesto/critical position
  • Aim/purpose/intended audience (fiction/poetry/the curious)
  • Contextualise intended promotional methods
  • Subsequent engagement
  • What worked/what didn’t/what surprised me.

That’s 17 bullet points, many with several aspects so I’m going to need to edit them.

Is it a story or a poem? I was asked at the exhibition if I was a poet or a visual artist (I consider myself to be a visual artist)

I find speaking into a microphone really challenging, I don’t know why. My tutor said that she could only view the previous publication by signing into PechaKucha which alarmed me a bit for assessment so for this version I used PowerPoint then exported it as a mov file. It's too big to fit here so I've uploaded it to Vimeo here

(It helps to know that other (professional) people think that a PechaKucha is difficult)





Comments