Promotion

 For the exhibition I started by sending some teaser posts out on Instagram and Facebook








For each post I included a promotional post from the organisers which had the times venue etc.

My zines were also designed with promotion in mind and my contact details on the back.
Have a look at the post about them here

I kept my press release short and to the point

Not sure that the wool works, I might make a different version of this….

Below is my title page for my PechaKucha. I used the sword grass brush from Procreate which has a wool like texture.

PowerPoint has this squiggly font called Dreaming Outloud script regular pro.(not exactly a snappy title!) The look is perfect but it’s not the easiest font to read.

Referring back to the course notes I revisited Sandy McInnes who talks about using his promotional materials to make the diverse threads of his practice look coherent to potential clients.  Unfortunately I still find his website muddly and chaotic so, for me, he hasn’t succeeded My website is an important resource for promotion of my work so I’ve spent today updating it. My work can be found at https://calhoy.com/  Beyond my coursework it’s difficult to decide what to include. 

Day to day I use social media to post anything that I’m particularly pleased with either on Instagram or Facebook and I think that theses platforms give a more fluid view of my work but maybe potential customers are looking for something more curated.

Still looking for ideas for promotional materials I experimented with embroidered lettering of my name;





And tried adding it to my title lettering from the video



I tried sticking the wool to write but it doesn’t work well with Uhu or Prit stick

So maybe threading the wool with florists wire?


The wool starts to unravel (I started from the right hand side of this photo) Maybe with more time I could wrap it around the wire or use thinner wire. But this is a bit of a distraction I need to focus on promotional materials.

Hobbycraft sold me this multicoloured ball of wool which definitely attracts attention.

I added a simple label. This could be modified and posted to a press office. For my exhibition I would attach it to surrounding lampposts or benches to attract attention.
I did experiment with extra balls of wool but I think that’s overdoing it…

Below is a mock up of the entrance to the Vintry Gardens with added wool:
And a view of the entrance, from the front:


Comments